Church Music Licenses
Update from Bryan during time of COVID-19:
Please know that my approach to “permissions” for congregational use of any/all of my songs is this: That’s what the songs are for! Please use them, if you feel they would be useful! I give my permission gladly and enthusiastically.
That is always the case (the “no-payment-or-paperwork-for-one-time-use” system is meant to communicate that spirit), but during these extraordinary times I want to make that especially clear.
If your congregation would like to make “ongoing use” of any of my songs, and if/when you are in a space (headspace, heart space, financial space) where you could take the additional step of filling out the form below and making a one-time payment for a license for “ongoing use” of a song, I welcome that. But please, please be clear: the songs are meant to be sung, and meant to be a resource for the church – please do not hesitate to use them for congregational worship, including, during this time of the pandemic, on online formats like Zoom gatherings, live-streamed services, or recorded services posted to YouTube.
Thank you for your ministry, and your efforts to help the church to be the church, for such a time as this. If any of my songs are a help or an encouragement for you and your community in that process, I am glad. Peace, strength, grace be with you,
By acquiring a Church Music License for the use of Bryan Moyer Suderman’s songs, you and your congregation/organization are supporting this ministry and enabling it to continue to serve the church. Thanks for your understanding and partnership!
Here’s how it works:
- Look at the chart below and see which kind(s) of permission you would like to choose.
- If you want to pay by sending a cheque in the mail, download this simple form (STM Church Music License4), print it, fill it out, sign it, and mail it with appropriate payment (cheque or money order) to SmallTall Music at the address indicated on the form.
- If you want to pay by credit or debit card online using PayPal, click here and follow the instructions.
It’s that easy. Thank you! If you have any questions, feel free to be in touch and we’ll help.
Nature of Use in Congregation/Organization Fee
One Song – One-Time Use * Free of charge
• For use at a single worship service or activity
One Song – Ongoing Use** $20 Cdn/US one-time fee per song
• For any use after the first use
All Songs – Ongoing Use** $50 Cdn/US one-time fee per album
• For ongoing use of any song written by Bryan Moyer Suderman and released
on a SmallTall Music album
Other uses Contact SmallTall Music for quote
* “One-Time Use” includes: permission to reproduce words and/or music for a song written by Bryan Moyer Suderman on photocopies (including church bulletins), overhead transparency, or computer file for use at a single worship service/activity of a single congregation or organization (school, camp, etc.) – including, during this time of the coronavirus pandemic, Zoom, live-streamed, and pre-recorded services posted to YouTube.
** “Ongoing Use” includes: permission to reproduce words and/or music for a song written by Bryan Moyer Suderman on photocopies (including church bulletins and in-house songbooks), overhead transparency, or computer file for the lifetime of a single congregation or organization (school, camp, etc.) – including, during this time of the coronavirus pandemic, Zoom, live-streamed, and pre-recorded services posted to YouTube.
Note – Except for the above notes re: online worship during this time of pandemic, “Use” does not include: permission for audio duplication, broadcast, or publication of songs in magazines, songbooks, hymnals, etc. that are distributed or made available to the public. Please contact SmallTall Music for those permissions and rates.
Please include this acknowledgment wording on all printed copies:
“Words and music by Bryan Moyer Suderman. Copyright © SmallTall Music. All rights reserved. Used by permission.”
Please include acknowledgment such as the following when using a song in online worship settings (Zoom, live-streamed or pre-recorded worship services posted to YouTube):
“Words and music by Bryan Moyer Suderman. © SmallTall Music. www.smalltallministries.com”
All copyright remains the property of SmallTall Music.